Department: Flight Operations
Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Shift Work (12 hour shifts)
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: Until filled
Reports To: Manager, Dispatch
Starting Wage: $21.00/hour, compensation negotiable depending on experience
We are accepting applications from qualified individuals to join our Flight Dispatch team as a Flight Dispatcher. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating operational flight plans, coordinating with Air Traffic Control, Pilots, Flight Attendants and Maintenance ensuring that all aspects of flights are in accordance with company policies.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Continuously monitor and access weather conditions, provide route and weather analysis to flight and ground crew as required.
- Responsible for flight following and providing flight plans.
- Exercise and maintain joint responsibility for Pilot in Command for operational control in all matters affecting safety of flights.
- Initiate emergency response procedures as outlined in the Emergency Preparedness and Response Manual.
- Advise pertinent personnel of any operational concerns that may impact operations including flight delays, cancellations, payload restrictions, equipment severability and ground support concerns.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Must meet all requirements as listed by Transport Canada.
- Completion of Transport Canada Dispatch Exams (FDMET and FDOPS).
- Restricted Radio Operators Licence.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask with a high degree of attention to detail making timely operational decisions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, provide a clear criminal background check and show proof of Vaccination for Covid-19.
Voyageur offers employees and their families a comprehensive benefit program, including:
- 100% company-paid benefits, including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada, and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client-dedicated solutions. Our services include airline operations, aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul, aircraft part sales and logistics management, and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the 'Apply Now' link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.