Department: Accounting & Corporate Administration
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: October 28, 2021 or until filled
Salary: $55,000, negotiable based on experience
Reports to: Director, Accounting & Corporate Administration
The Financial Analyst plays a key role in preparing financial reports, statements and analyzing financial performance data. The successful candidate will provide ongoing management of cash disbursement related processes and activities. This position will also provide direct supervision to the Accounts Payable Coordinator.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Account Payables Management:
- Manage outstanding payables, payment processes and the frequency of pay runs to optimize the competing priorities of preserving cash and remaining compliant with credit terms.
- Review and manage vendor credit terms on an ongoing basis to ensure early payment incentives are negotiated and captured when possible.
- Provide oversight and management of all processes and activities in the accounts payable cycle and expense claim process.
- Develop and implement an automated Accounts Payable cycle process (ie. receiving electronic vendor invoices, distribution of invoices for review and approval, etc.).
- Support Accounts Receivable and Billing by identifying, coding, and reconciling pass-through AP invoices to be charged back to customers.
- Provide oversight and management of the overseas petty cash processes and activities associated with the collection of receipts, reconciling the petty cash accounts, preparing all necessary journal entries to facilitate the replenishment of petty cash funds as needed.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Provide aged payable listings monthly with analysis and commentary to the Vice President of Finance and Administration.
- Participate as a key stakeholder in the development and the ongoing management of a Vendor Performance report to facilitate Executive oversight.
- Monitor and analyze corporate overhead costs to initially record and group drivers, supporting the development of a methodology for overhead cost allocations.
Cash Management Support:
- Reconcile bank statements and perform daily cash management functions through updates to the cash flow forecast.
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecast report for the Director of Finance and Executive Management Group.
- Monitor outstanding Purchase Orders in Winair to better inform the cash flow forecast of upcoming expected cash outflows.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Post-secondary education in Business, Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- CPA designation considered an asset.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Possess strong computer skills with a demonstrated proficiency in accounting-related software programs, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and impartiality.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client-dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.