AME APPRENTICE – MAINTENANCE
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Location: North Bay
Schedule: Standard work week
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: October 27, 2021 or until filled
Reports To: Manager Production
Starting Wage: $19.00/hr, based on experience
We are looking for individuals to join our Heavy Maintenance team as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) Apprentice in our Maintenance department. The AME is responsible to perform aircraft inspections, troubleshoot defects and carry out rectifications in accordance with OEM manuals and publications to the highest standard of airworthiness on CRJ 100, 200, 900 and Dash 8 100, 200, 300, Q400 aircraft.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Dismantle airframes, aircraft engines or other aircraft systems for repair, , clean, Inspect and or overhaul, reassemble components or Airframes to the highest standard of Airworthiness.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with applicable legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot aircraft’s structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust/repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures.
- Perform and document scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the manufacturer, per Voyageur’s policy and Transport Canada Regulations.
- Learn all Aircraft systems operations on multiple aircraft types to prepare for future advancement within Voyageur.
- Actively participate in Voyageur’s Safety Management System including report hazards and incidents encountered during daily operations.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution and actively pursuing AME licence.
- Related work experience in an aviation environment is considered an asset.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions with strong attention to detail.
- Reliable, responsible, and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their family’s extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.