STRUCTURES APPRENTICE – COMPOSITE SHOP
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: October 27, 2021, or until filled
Starting Wage: $19.00/hr, based on experience
Reports To: Supervisor, Composite Shop
Must be willing to relocate to North Bay
We are looking for a qualified individual to join the team as Structures Apprentice in our Composite Shop. The Structures Apprentice will perform inspections, composite repair and fabrication, and parts assembly.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Clean and carry out preliminary inspection on composite aircraft parts such as flight controls, leading edges, fairings, landing gear doors, interior and exterior access panels and doors, cowlings and interior furnishings.
- Perform composite fabrication and repair tasks such as sanding, trimming, drilling, routing, scarfing, bonding, laminate layup, vacuum bagging, potted insert removal and replacement, and preparation for refinishing.
- Assembly of parts and components upon completion of repair.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, adhesives, and protective finishes.
- Complete all necessary paperwork as required.
- Conduct sheet metal repairs on an occasional basis.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- 1-3 years’ experience in related field; experience on aircraft, auto body or marine considered an asset.
- Basic understanding of body preparation process considered an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals, drawings and other technical publications.
- Demonstrated hard worker that can exercise patience, persistence and determination while working on lengthy tasks.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across the organization.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and clientdedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.