AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER – MAINTENANCE
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Location: North Bay
Schedule: Standard work week
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: October 24, 2021, or until filled
Reports to: Manager, Production
Starting Wage: $25.00-$33.00/hr, based on experience
We are looking for qualified individuals to join our Aerotech Maintenance team as a Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) in our Maintenance department. The AME is responsible to perform aircraft inspections, troubleshoot defects and Carry out rectifications in accordance with OEM manuals and publications to the highest standard of Airworthiness on CRJ 100 200 900, Dash 8 100 200 300 Q400 Aircraft.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Dismantle airframes, aircraft engines or other aircraft systems for repair, clean, inspect and/or overhaul, reassemble components or airframes to the highest standard of airworthiness.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with applicable legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot aircraft’s structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust/repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures.
- Perform and document scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the manufacturer, per Voyageur’s policy and Transport Canada Regulations.
- Work effectively in a team environment to maintain a high level of production.
- Learn all aircraft systems operations on multiple aircraft types to prepare for future advancement within Voyageur.
- Maintain a professional standard while communicating with cabin and flight crew.
- Actively participate in Voyageur’s Safety Management System including report hazards and incidents encountered during daily operations.
- Understand, comply with and promote the Company’s safety culture.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- 1 or more years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME licence (Category M1 and/or M2).
- Candidates with CRJ or DH8 experience and/or endorsements with be given preference.
- Reliable, responsible and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, able to travel internationally and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan
- Employee assistance program
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur Aviation Corp is the parent company of Voyageur Airways, Voyageur Aerotech, and Voyageur Avparts. Voyageur Aviation Corp manages these three entities under the same core principles of comprehensive Safety Management, Quality Assurance, and Client-Dedicated Solutions. Under Voyageur Aviation Corp, Airways, Aerotech, and Avparts can combine their expertise on aircraft services and products to offer an unparalleled one-stop-shop for aviation related clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.