Aviation Material Technician
Department: Material Control
Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 6:30am – 3:00pm/3:00pm – 11:30pm with a weekly rotation
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: Until filled
Reports To: Manager, Material Control
Starting Wage: $16.25/hour, compensation negotiable depending on experience
We are looking for individuals to join our Inventory Material Control team as an Aviation Material Technician (Shipper/Receiver/Inventory Clerk). The Aviation Material Technician sends, accepts and records the movement of parts, supplies and equipment to and from the hangar.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Follow established Company policies, procedures and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives and safety and environmental standards.
- Receive, inspect and verify incoming goods against packing slips and other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Unpack and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
- Prepare Carrier’s bill of lading and any additional shipping documentation.
- Operate warehousing equipment (Pallet Jack, Forklift, Condor Chick).
- Accurately pick and pull inventory/tooling, as needed, to support ongoing projects and maintenance request.
- Active involvement of physical inventory counting.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, Excel, and Word with proven data entry skills.
- Experience using inventory related software, such as WinAir, is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multitask and complete tasks accurately and efficiently with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of aircraft tooling and shipment of dangerous goods is considered an asset.
- Must have the ability and skill to perform the detailed job requirements competently, safely, accurately and proficiently.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, provide a clear criminal background check and show proof of Vaccination for Covid-19.
Voyageur offers employees and their families a comprehensive benefit program, including:
- 100% company-paid benefits, including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada, and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client-dedicated solutions. Our services include airline operations, aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul, aircraft part sales and logistics management, and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the 'Apply Now' link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.