LEAD HAND - Avionics Department
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Standard work week
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: September 23, 2021
Reports to: Supervisor, Avionics Shop
Starting Wage$31.00/hr based on experience
We are looking for a qualified individual to join the team as a Lead Hand in our Avionics department. This position requires hands-on involvement and collaboration with supervisors within the Maintenance department to meet business needs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Coordinate Avionics activities including major and minor modifications, routine inspections and repairs, and defect rectification, associated with assigned Aircraft projects.
- Collaborate with various departments within the Company to ensure execution of on-aircraft workflow is accomplished to meet customer expectations and deadlines.
- Assign work to and mentorship of ACAs, AMEs and Technicians associated with assigned Aircraft projects.
- Maintain communication between yourself, the Avionics Supervisor, and the applicable Project Supervisor regarding project progress and various support and coordination requirements.
- Ensure that work being accomplished is done in accordance with the Maintenance Policy Manual and Procedures Manual – Maintenance.
- Uphold and enforce company safety programs and policies to mitigate injury to employees and damage to aircraft.
- Adhere to established procedures for the upkeep and safety of the Company’s facilities and equipment.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Must hold a valid ACA privilege.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the knowledge, ability, and willingness to provide mentorship and guidance to ACAs, AMEs and Technicians.
- Ability to identify problems with installation drawings and recommend appropriate amendments as required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, able to travel internationally and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families a comprehensive benefit program including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan
- Employee assistance program
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client-dedicated solutions. Our services include airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.