LEAD HAND (Structures)
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Standard work week
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: September 23, 2021
Reports to: Supervisor, Structures
Starting Wage: $31.00/hour, based on experience
We are looking for a qualified individual to join the team as a Lead Hand in our Structures department. The successful candidate will be a part of the crew responsible for supervising and performing maintenance on Voyageur and Customer aircraft.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Assign and schedule tasks to Structures ACAs, AMEs and Technicians as directed by the Project Supervisor.
- Carry out tasks on the aircraft when all other Lead Hand duties are accomplished.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to Structures ACAs, AMEs and Technicians to ensure work is accomplished with efficiency and of high-Quality standards.
- Ensure the work environment is safe and clean.
- Mentor ACAs, AMEs and Technicians.
- Oversee established procedures for the upkeep and safety of the Company’s facilities and equipment.
- Ensure that work being accomplished is done in accordance with the Maintenance Policy Manual and Procedures Manual – Maintenance.
- Uphold and enforce company safety programs and policies to mitigate injury to employees and damage to aircraft.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Must hold a valid ACA privilege.
- Leadership abilities, Superior Knowledge of Aircraft Structural repair, ability and willingness to adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Positive, responsible, and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, able to travel internationally and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families a comprehensive benefit program including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan
- Employee assistance program
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client-dedicated solutions. Our services include airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.