PREPARATION TECHNICIAN – REFINISHING SHOP
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: Until filled
Reports to: Supervisor, Refinishing Shop
Starting Wage: $16.25/hour, compensation negotiable depending on experience
We are looking for individuals to join our Refinishing Shop as a Preparation Technician. The Preparation Technician is responsible for preparing the aircraft surfaces and/or parts for paint in a high quality, accurate and efficient manner.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Prepare the aircraft for paint by sanding, paint stripping, use of fillers and degreasers.
- Mask and unmask the aircraft.
- Prepare and apply primers and sealers to various areas of the aircraft’s interior and exterior.
- Apply vinyl decals, erosion tape, and silk screens to various areas of the aircraft.
- Polish various areas of the aircraft using mechanical polishers and compound.
- Apply paint touch ups to the interior and exterior of the aircraft.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, paint strippers and corrosion-preventive chemicals.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- 1-3 years’ experience in related field; experience on aircraft or auto body considered an asset.
- Experience with preparation, using fillers and abrasives, of various contoured parts and fairings is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated hard worker that can exercise patience, persistence and determination while working on lengthy tasks.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, provide a clear criminal background check and show proof of Vaccination for Covid-19.
Voyageur offers employees and their families a comprehensive benefit program including:
- 100% company-paid benefits, including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan
- Employee assistance program
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada, and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client-dedicated solutions. Our services include airline operations, aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul, aircraft part sales and logistics management, and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the 'Apply Now' link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.