Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Standard work week
Job type: Full-time, contract (12-months)
Deadline: September 10, 2021, or until filled
Starting Wage: $40,500/year, based on experience
Reports To: Director, Supply Management
We are looking for a qualified individual to join our Procurement team as a Procurement Specialist (Purchaser). The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for sourcing, pricing, purchasing and arranging materials and supplies used by Voyageur.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Issue purchase orders for parts, supplies, tools and equipment to support company operations.
- Solicit and document quotations, negotiate price and delivery as required through established procedures.
- Resolve routine problems with suppliers relating to parts, documentation, shipping errors, pricing and invoicing.
- Work with Procurement team to monitor and analyze trends in the company inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future.
- Build and maintain relationships with key vendors.
- Additional administrative duties as required.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- High school diploma required.
- Post-secondary education in Supply Chain Management or related field considered an asset.
- Experience in Purchasing or related field considered an asset.
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Positive, responsible and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, able to travel internationally and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment
part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.