ASSEMBLER – ACCESSORY SHOP
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Location: North Bay
Schedule: Standard work week
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: August 6, 2021, or until filled
Starting Wage: $21.50/hr, based on experience
Reports to: Supervisor, Accessory Shop
We are currently seeking enthusiastic individuals who are eager to train alongside our Assemblers/Aircraft Maintenance Engineers in our Accessory Shop. The successful individuals will be a part of a team that works on aircraft components such as wheels, brakes, landing gear and engines.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Disassemble and prepare parts for repair using hand tools, cleaners, and paint removal products.
- Inspect and identify defects of aircraft components that require attention.
- Complete off aircraft work to finish aircraft components to the required specifications.
- Assemble aircraft components utilizing approved data with appropriate tooling to correct tolerances
- Utilize calibrated measuring instruments such as micrometer, height gauge, and calipers to meet tolerance requirements.
- Navigate and read instruction manuals to assemble products utilizing the proper tooling.
- Accurately label parts as they are removed from the aircraft component to prevent mistakes during re-assembly.
- Complete necessary paperwork as required.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2 years’ experience in a related field; experience on aircraft considered an asset.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals, drawings and other technical publications.
- Ability work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated hard worker that can exercise patience, persistence and determination while working on lengthy tasks.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan
- Employee assistance program
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur Aviation Corp is the parent company of Voyageur Airways, Voyageur Aerotech, and Voyageur Avparts. Voyageur Aviation Corp manages these three entities under the same core principles of comprehensive Safety Management, Quality Assurance, and Client-Dedicated Solutions. Under Voyageur Aviation Corp, Airways, Aerotech, and Avparts can combine their expertise on aircraft services and products to offer an unparalleled one-stop-shop for aviation related clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the 'Apply Now' link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.