WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Participate in Transport Canada Design Approval (DAO) activities by supporting Project Engineers.
- Develop modifications and repairs under Project Engineers’ supervision.
- Perform technical analysis on the developed modifications or repairs for regulatory compliance.
- Interpret FAA regulations.
- Provide instructions to fabrication and installation personnel.
- Support preparation of certification documentation.
- Act as a liaison between AMO, internal, and external product and service providers.
- Identify the part information, such as part numbers, applicability to certain aircraft.
- Review Service Bulletins (SB), Generic Repair Instructions from aircraft OEM or component vendors.
- Develop minor repairs and minor modifications.
- Administer engineering requests.
- Revise previously issued documentation.
- Ensure that all documents are recorded in the aircraft database.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
Knowledge of the following is recommended.
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering with a focus on structures.
- Knowledge of Transport Canada Civil Aviation Regulatory Certification requirements considered an asset.
- Eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.).
- Knowledge of engineering principles in mechanical and aerospace design is required
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in the aviation industry is required.
Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently with minimal guidance from senior engineers.
Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company and provide a clear criminal background check.
- Canadian Aviation Regulations (or Federal Aviation Regulations).
- Aircraft Structures and Systems.
- Microsoft Office Suites.
- Classical Structural Analysis.
- Materials and Processes and Metal Fabrications.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.