Project Engineer - Structures
Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: August 2, 2021, or until filled
Starting Wage: $72,000/year, compensation negotiable, based on experience
Reports To: Director, Engineering
We are looking for a Project Engineer - Structures to join our Engineering team. The successful candidate will develop engineering drawings for aircraft modifications, prepare certification documentation required for STC approvals and manage small to medium teams with respect to the incorporation of aircraft modification. In addition, the successful candidate will provide technical support to the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Interpret regulatory guidance to develop engineering data that supports minor or major repairs and modifications for customer aircraft.
- Use sound engineering principles and prepare engineering designs and reports with a focus on structural modifications.
- Create Certification Plans and demonstrate compliance to appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Develop detailed designs, including identification of appropriate materials and joint methods as engineering drawings using CAD.
- Perform structural analysis to include determination of appropriate loading condition, analyzing original structure and modification structure to determine margins of safety and performing fatigue and damage tolerance analysis to determine expected crack growth.
- Develop Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) or additional maintenance inspection requirements as they relate to modifications or repairs being completed.
- Support a team of fabricators and installers to achieve the incorporation of designs onto the aircraft.
- Coordinate with appropriate vendors in support of engineering projects.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering with a focus on structures.
- Master’s degree in aerospace engineering considered an asset.
- 5 or more years in design, analysis and certification of aircraft modifications.
- Familiarity with Dash 7, Dash 8 and CRJ aircraft considered an asset.
- Hold, or be eligible and have the necessary experience for P.Eng license in the province of Ontario.
- Demonstrated knowledge with testing, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Transport Canada Civil Aviation Regulatory Certification requirements.
- Ability to manage a team of fabricators and installers to achieve a common objective.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently with minimal guidance from senior engineers.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.