TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Department: Human Resources
Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: August 30th, Immediate vacancy, or until filled
Starting Wage: $76,000.00 - $85,000, depending on experience
Reports To: Manager of Human Resources
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will develop and implement a comprehensive Talent Acquisition strategy for Voyageur Aviation that incorporates the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategies of our parent organization, Chorus Aviation Inc. This position will bring strategic leadership to our recruitment efforts so we can effectively and successfully communicate employer branding initiatives and strategies to attract, retain and inspire employees.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Partner with leaders and hiring teams to drive all hiring efforts and provide full life-cycle recruitment support for all opportunities with a focus on attracting and retaining top talent for our high-performing and globally recognized company. You will design, develop, and implement a strong, coherent and distinctive employee value proposition in partnership with our business unit leaders. Key activities of this dynamic position include:
Develop, implement, and support the Talent Acquisition Program
- Actively build our employer brand and promote Voyageur as the employer of choice.
- Design a prototype and manage the build out Voyageur’s career page on our website.
- Create rich and continuous content highlighting the compelling aspects of life at Voyageur including brand videos, collateral, digital assets, industry blogs and more.
- Develop multi-channel recruitment marketing campaigns to build robust talent pipelines for high-demand positions and functional areas.
- Define and execute sourcing strategies to identify suitable candidates and nurture candidate pools for the talent acquisition team.
- Act as a champion for Voyageur’s employer brand across the organization by creating opportunities for all employees to learn how to best promote Voyager as an exciting place to work.
- Leverage and influence our candidate experience through survey and employee engagement survey data.
- Understand and grow alternative outreach tactics including organic and paid advertising, candidate associations, platforms and more.
- Support and manage recruiting events strategy, both virtual and in-person for, cultural, industry and functional audiences.
- Build and demonstrate success using data and associated KPIs that result in enhanced, targeted and diverse candidate attraction.
- Develop clear metrics for all social and brand efforts to test for effectiveness and return on investment.
Full Cycle Recruitment
- Provide leadership and oversight for the full cycle recruitment process from Job postings to offers while ensuring a seamless transition from recruitment to employee onboarding ensuring positive recruitment experience for all the stakeholders.
- Train, coach and mentor recruiting team members on hiring best practices, industry standards, while ensuring compliance with policy, internal controls and alignment with organization-wide hiring strategies.
- Participate in external and internal audits as required to demonstrate compliance with internal controls by providing documented audit trails as requested.
- Establish a process for gathering and analyzing talent market research to use the data to support decisions concerning recruitment process improvements as well as setting and monitoring recruitment strategic objectives and goals.
- Work with leadership to proactively monitor talent requirements in the company to identify talent and resource gaps.
- Use data and established KPIs to analyze process performance as well as the impact and effectiveness of recruitment efforts and campaigns.
- From this data analysis, provide succinct yet fulsome performance reports on monthly basis to the VP Finance and Administration, and Executive team as directed.
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Community
- Actively engage in community sourcing to build relationships with organizations outside Voyageur to aid in Employment Equity initiatives with the goal of increasing the diversity of the employees at Voyageur.
- Build relationships with local schools and students to promote employment in the aviation/airline industry and Voyageur.
- Actively source candidates for underrepresented groups for competitions.
- Use annual Employee Equity report to drive specific recruitment initiatives for the Employment Equity groups.
- Attend Community outreach and deliver training to underrepresented groups. (In person or Virtual).
- Attend Recruitment, Job Fairs and Industry events within North America. (In person or Virtual).
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
As a professional with demonstrated recruitment experience, you possess solid working knowledge in attracting talent in a variety of positions. Experience and Competencies as noted below:
Experience and Competencies as noted below:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Commerce with a focus in Human Resources, and Marketing.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with full cycle recruiting, employer branding, and recruitment marketing.
- CHRP/CHRL or actively working towards completion preferred.
- Experience working with an ATS system preferably BambooHR.
- Demonstrated ability to build, foster and maintain productive relationships with candidates, clients, team members, and leadership.
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a team in a busy and complex environment.
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Superior professional judgment, diplomacy and relationship building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- High level of composure and demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment where there is a need to be able to effectively manage multiple tasks/assignments at the same time.
- Solid understanding and use of project management and ability to balance and manage multiple interests.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, solid ethical standards and trustworthiness.
- Passion about employer branding and providing the best candidate experience with every single interaction.
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Focus on constant self-development and improving yourself in your field.
- Ability to think strategically and strive for continuous improvement.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, able to travel internationally and provide a clear criminal background check..
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.