AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER – Accessory Shop
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Location: North Bay
Schedule: Standard work week
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: June 18, 2021
Salary: $21.50 - $29.00/hr, based on experience
Reports to: Supervisor, Accessory Shop
We are looking for a qualified individual to join our Accessory Shop as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. This individual will be a part of the crew responsible to review and complete maintenance of aircraft components.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Verify inspections conducted by Accessory Shop Technician of brakes, landing gear, engines and seats and approving any non-routine defects.
- Perform functional testing, troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling of brakes, landing gear, engines, and seats.
- Remove and replace defective components and perform return to service testing.
- Complete all necessary paperwork as required.
- Ensure work environment is safe and clean; maintain work area and equipment.
- Mentor and supervise work being accomplice by Technicians.
- Oversee established procedures for the upkeep and safety of the Company’s facilities and equipment.
- Ensure that work being accomplished is done in accordance with the Maintenance Policy Manual and Procedures Manual – Maintenance.
- Uphold and enforce company safety programs and policies to mitigate injury to employees and damage to aircraft.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution or equivalent.
- Valid AME Licence (Category M1 and/or M2) considered an asset – preference will be given to TC approved but consideration will be given to FAA or EASA candidates.
- Candidates with CRJ or DH8 experience and/or endorsements will be given preference.
- NDT experience considered an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals.
- Ability to use measurement tools such as micrometers and calipers.
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Basic knowledge of Office 365 (Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Positive, responsible, and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated hard worker that can exercise patience, persistence and determination while working on repetitive tasks.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan
- Employee assistance program
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur Aviation Corp is the parent company of Voyageur Airways, Voyageur Aerotech, and Voyageur Avparts. Voyageur Aviation Corp manages these three entities under the same core principles of comprehensive Safety Management, Quality Assurance, and Client-Dedicated Solutions. Under Voyageur Aviation Corp, Airways, Aerotech, and Avparts can combine their expertise on aircraft services and products to offer an unparalleled one-stop-shop for aviation related clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the 'Apply Now' link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.