Department: Airport Services
Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Shift Work (Days/Evenings)
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: July 23, 2021 or until filled
Salary: $20.00/hour, based on experience
Reports to: Manager, Buildings, Ground Services, & Airport Services
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to join our Airport Services team as a Fuel Attendant. The successful candidate will be responsible for procuring, transferring, and inspecting jet fuel and glycol for North Bay aircraft operations. They will also supply equipment and provide baggage handling services for internal and external customers. In addition, this individual will be required to carry the on call phone while working the evening shift.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Perform daily over and underwing fueling of aircraft for commercial airlines, non-scheduled private customers, and World Fuel Services customers.
- Monitor fuel inventory, order fuel based on flight schedule, and receive shipments as needed.
- Inspect fuel tank and truck and complete daily fuel quality testing.
- Assist Lead Hand with external audits as required.
- Perform daily walk around to inspect equipment for safe use.
- Support ad hoc customer requests daily.
Ground Handling Services:
- Marshall incoming aircrafts.
- Provide baggage handling, GPU service, and baggage/cargo handling.
- Sanitize overnight aircrafts.
- Provide lavatory and catering services.
- Provide wheelchair ramp and air stair services.
- De-ice aircraft.
- Snow removal around parked aircrafts.
- Daily glycol quality testing, re-filling the truck and inventory monitoring.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- High School Diploma is required.
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role.
- Radio License, Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit and DZ License are required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client-dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.