LICENCED AME – AVIONICS
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: June 14, 2021, or until filled
Starting Wage: $25.00 - $33.00/hr, based on experience
Reports To: Production Manager
We are looking for individuals to join our Aerotech Maintenance team as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) in our Avionics department. The AME is responsible for maintaining, repairing, overhauling, modifying and testing electrical, electronic, instrument and radio systems-components on our CRJ and DH8 fleet.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions or other related problems in the aircraft as per technical manuals, drawings, and data packages.
- Maintain aircraft electronic systems and equipment, including communications and navigation equipment.
- Assemble, modify, and repair various electrical harness assemblies.
- Carry out bench assessments and repair of various aircraft components in accordance with the applicable component maintenance manuals.
- Troubleshoot aircraft systems to identify problems and adjust/repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals, and established procedures.
- Perform and document scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the OEM and per Voyageur’s TC approved CPP.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with approved data and , company policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in Voyageur’s Safety Management System including report hazards and incidents encountered during daily operations.
- Understand, comply with and promote the Company’s safety culture.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- 1-3 years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME licence (Category E).
- Candidates with CRJ or DH8 experience and/or endorsements will be given preference.
- Reliable, responsible and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, able to travel internationally and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.