AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER – STRUCTURES
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: Until filled
Reports to: Supervisor, Structures Shop
Starting Wage: $25.00/hour, compensation negotiable depending on experience
We are looking for individuals to join our Heavy Maintenance team as a Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) in our Structures shop. The AME is responsible for metal and composite repair, refinishing, painting, and machining on our CRJ and DH8 fleet.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Restore or repair defects using unique aircraft fastening hardware, composite materials, chemicals, adhesives, paints, and textiles.
- Manufacture aircraft equipment, components or replacement items from base metals using special cutting tools and milling machines.
- Fabricate and repair aircraft structures using composite, fiberglass, textiles, leather, plastic, and synthetic components.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with applicable legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot aircraft’s structural systems to identify problems and adjust/repair the defects according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals, and established procedures.
- Perform and document scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the manufacturer, per Voyageur’s policy and Transport Canada.
- Actively participate in Voyageur’s Safety Management System including report hazards and incidents encountered during daily operations and understand, comply with and promote the Company’s safety culture.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- Valid AME Licence (Category S).
- Knowledge of or experience in the Aviation Industry considered an asset.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions with strong attention to detail.
- Reliable, responsible, and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, provide a clear criminal background check and show proof of Vaccination for Covid-19.
Voyageur offers employees and their families a comprehensive benefit program, including:
- 100% company-paid benefits, including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada, and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client-dedicated solutions. Our services include airline operations, aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul, aircraft part sales and logistics management, and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the 'Apply Now' link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.