AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER – STRUCTURES
Monday – Friday (Days), 40Hours
25.00-33.00/hr, based on experience.
Are you looking to join a dynamic company with a variety of projects?
Do you want your weekends off?
Is the culture of the company you work for important to you?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above, then look no further.
Located in North Bay, only 3 hours from Toronto, Voyageur Aviation currently has several openings on our Heavy Maintenance Team in our Structures department as a full time permanent Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME).
Reporting to the Manager, Production, the AMEs are responsible for metal and composite repair, refinishing, painting, and machining on CRJ and DH8 aircraft. This position is based out of beautiful North Bay, ON. Relocation package is available. Deadline for applications: July 23, 2021, or until filled
- Restore or repair defects using unique aircraft fastening hardware, composite materials, chemicals, adhesives, paints, and textiles.
- Manufacture aircraft equipment, components or replacement items from base metals using special cutting tools and milling machines.
- Fabricate and repair aircraft structures using composite, fiberglass, textiles, leather, plastic, and synthetic components.
- Troubleshoot aircraft’s structural systems to identify problems and adjust/repair the defects according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals, and established procedures.
- Perform and document scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the manufacturer, per Voyageur’s policy and Transport Canada.
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution and actively pursuing AME licence.
- Related work experience in an aviation environment is considered an asset.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions with strong attention to detail.
- Reliable, responsible, and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their family’s extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Employer Paid competitive benefits program including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Sick and personal days.
- Paid company uniform and boot program
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Defined Contribution Retirement Pension Plan.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.