LEAD HAND – Avionics Shop
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: May 24, 2021, or until filled
Starting Wage: $31.00/hr based on experience
Reports To: Supervisor, Avionics Shop
We are looking for a qualified individual to join the team as a Lead Hand in our Avionics department. This position requires hands-on involvement and collaboration with supervisors within the Maintenance department to meet business needs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Collaborate with different departments to schedule and execute workflow on the aircraft to meet customer expectations and deadlines.
- Mentor and supervise work being accomplished by ACAs, AMEs and Technicians.
- Oversee established procedures for the upkeep and safety of the Company’s facilities and equipment.
- Assist the Project Supervisor to manage and coordinate maintenance activities associated with assigned projects.
- Ensure that work being accomplished is done in accordance with the Maintenance Policy Manual and Procedures Manual – Maintenance.
- Uphold and enforce company safety programs and policies to mitigate injury to employees and damage to aircraft.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- 5 or more years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME licence (Category E)
- Must hold a valid ACA privilege.
- Knowledge of cost center processes and part costing are considered an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and the knowledge, ability, and willingness to adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, able to travel internationally and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.