Engineering Support Specialist - Avionics
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: May 12, 2021, or until filled
Starting Wage: $70,000/year, based on experience
Reports To: Director, Engineering
We are looking for an Engineering Support Specialist - Avionics to join our Engineering team. The successful candidate will categorize incoming requests, research aircraft configurations, and determine the appropriate correct technical data required. In addition, the candidate will develop minor modifications, aide in major modifications and research vendor documentation for appropriate solutions. The candidate will provide hands on experience and recommendations to Project Engineers to determine a practical method of project development.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Interpret regulatory guidance to develop engineering data that supports minor or major repairs and modifications for customer aircraft.
- Use sound judgement, gained by practical experience to prepare engineering order, engineering designs and reports with a focus on avionics systems.
- Provide support to Project Engineers on system analysis, and design.
- Aide in the creation of Certification Plans and demonstrations of compliance to appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Use CAD to develop schematics and drawings to communicate design requirements.
- Assist with the development of Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) or additional maintenance inspection requirements as they relate to modifications or repairs being completed.
- Coordinate with appropriate vendors in support of engineering projects and technical requests.
- Provide experience-based recommendations as a licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer – Electrical category to company Aero/Systems Engineers about feasibility of intended Modification/Repair design drawings and associated accomplishment instructions.
- Compile and prepare data packages with respect to aircraft modifications.
- Perform research as required to satisfy technical requests issued to the engineering department.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5 or more years performing avionics modifications to aircraft.
- Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Category E).
- Familiarity with Dash 7, Dash 8 and CRJ aircraft considered an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge with testing, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Have a clear understanding of Transport Canada Civil Aviation Regulatory Certification requirements with respect to repairs and modifications.
- Ability to liaise with a team of fabricators and installers to achieve a common objective.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently with minimal guidance from senior engineers.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.