AME APPRENTICE – STRUCTURES
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: May 21, 2021, or until filled
Starting Wage: $19.00 - $22.00/hr, based on experience
Reports To: Manager, Production
Must be willing to relocate to North Bay
We are looking for individuals to join our Aerotech Maintenance team as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) Apprentice in our Structures department. The AME is responsible for metal and composite repair, refinishing, painting, and machining on our CRJ and DH8 fleet.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Restore or repair defects using unique aircraft fastening hardware, composite materials, chemicals, adhesives, paints, and textiles.
- Manufacture aircraft equipment, components or replacement items from base metals using special cutting tools and milling machines.
- Fabricate and repair aircraft structures using composite, fiberglass, textiles, leather, plastic, and synthetic components.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with applicable legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot aircraft’s structural systems to identify problems and adjust/repair the defects according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals, and established procedures.
- Perform and document scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the manufacturer, per Voyageur’s policy and Transport Canada.
- Actively participate in Voyageur’s Safety Management System including report hazards and incidents encountered during daily operations and understand, comply with and promote the Company’s safety culture.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- College diploma in Aircraft Structural Repair from a Transport Canada approved educational institution and actively pursuing AME Licence.
- Related work experience in an aviation environment is considered an asset.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions with strong attention to detail.
- Reliable, responsible, and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across the organization.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and clientdedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.