Lead Hand AME, (Maintenance)
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Location: North Bay
Schedule: Standard work week
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: March 5, 2021, or until filled.
Reports to: Manager, Production
We are looking for a qualified individual to join the team as a Lead Hand in our Heavy Maintenance department. The successful candidate will be a part of the crew responsible to supervise and perform maintenance on multiple aircraft types.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Mentor and supervise work being accomplished by ACAs, AMEs and Technicians.
- Assist the Project Supervisor to manage and coordinate maintenance activities associated with assigned projects.
- Ensure that work being accomplished is done in accordance with the Maintenance Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Uphold and enforce company safety programs and policies to mitigate injury to employees and damage to aircraft.
- Ensure equipment and environment are in safe, clean, and orderly condition.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- 5 or more years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME licence (Category M2)
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with the knowledge and willingness to adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Positive, responsible, and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan
- Employee assistance program
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur Aviation Corp is the parent company of Voyageur Airways, Voyageur Aerotech, and Voyageur Avparts. Voyageur Aviation Corp manages these three entities under the same core principles of comprehensive Safety Management, Quality Assurance, and Client-Dedicated Solutions. Under Voyageur Aviation Corp, Airways, Aerotech, and Avparts can combine their expertise on aircraft services and products to offer an unparalleled one-stop-shop for aviation related clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the 'Apply Now' link below by November 12, 2018.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.