(Repair & Overhaul Specialist)
Department: Supply Management
Location: North Bay
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: February 4th, 2021 or until filled
Reports to: Director, Supply Management
We are looking for a qualified individual to join our Procurement team as a Repair & Overhaul Specialist. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for arranging and managing repair services of aircraft parts and equipment within Voyageur.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Solicit repair services for aircraft parts and equipment to support company operations.
- Issue repair orders to in-house repair shops, and outside repair vendors.
- Follow and report on the progress of repairs or inspections, with completion dates, and shipment tracking numbers.
- Analyze service quotations against historical data and market pricing to recommend repair or replacement of parts and equipment.
- Ensure that vendors complete prescribed work and that repaired parts and equipment are returned with appropriate documentation of services performed.
- Resolve routine problems with suppliers relating to parts, documentation, shipping errors, pricing and invoicing.
- Work with Procurement team to monitor and analyze trends in the company inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- High school diploma required.
- Post-secondary education in Supply Chain Management or related field considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in purchasing or related field required.
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented, responsible and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probationary period including::
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.