Department: Flight Ops
Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Various Rotations
Job type: : 6 Month Contract
Deadline: December 28, 2020 or until filled
Reports To: Manager, Inflight Services
We are currently seeking dynamic individuals to join our Flight Operations team as a Loadmaster. The successful candidate will become an ambassador of Voyageur while being responsible for the safe loading and unloading of the aircraft’s cargo. This individual is also responsible to ensure that the aircraft and cargo handling meet all company and governmental policies and regulations.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Monitor the loading and unloading of cargo.
- Monitor cargo for any issues within the cargo department during flight (movement, fire, etc.).
- Advise Pilot-In-Command of any issues during flight.
- In the event of an inflight emergency, ensure all safety procedures are followed.
Work in conjunction with the Pilot-in-Command to:
- Analyze required information to develop and distribute load plans.
- Calculate weight and balance for aircraft.
- Review cargo documentation to ensure completion and accuracy, while correcting inaccurate and/or incomplete information.
- Completes and maintain company reports, files, logs, and forms.
- Ensure necessary customs paperwork is completed.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- High school diploma or equivalent; Post-Secondary Education is an Asset.
- Meet Transport Canada requirements to be a qualified Loadmaster on a 705 aircraft.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to obtain airport Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC).
- Demonstrated critical decision-making abilities in emergencies and strenuous situations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Positive, responsible and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Must have a positive attitude and work well unsupervised.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, provide a clear criminal background check and possess a valid passport with ability to travel unrestricted.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across the organization.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and clientdedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.