ACCESSORY SHOP TECHNICIAN
Aircraft/Shop Certification Authority
Department: Heavy Maintenance
Location: North Bay, ON
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job type: : Full-time, permanent
Deadline: Until filled
Reports To: Supervisor, Accessory Shop
We are looking for a qualified individual to join our Accessory Shop as an Aircraft/Shop Certification Authority (ACA/SCA). This individual will be a part of the crew responsible to sign off on completed maintenance of aircraft components.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Verify inspections conducted by Accessory Shop Technician of brakes, landing gear, engines and seats and approving any non-routine defects.
- Perform functional testing, troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling of brakes, landing gear, engines, and seats.
- Remove and replace defective components and perform return to service testing.
- Complete all necessary paperwork as required.
- Ensure work environment is safe and clean; maintain work area and equipment.
- Mentor and supervise work being accomplice by Technicians.
- Oversee established procedures for the upkeep and safety of the Company’s facilities and equipment.
- Ensure that work being accomplished is done in accordance with the Maintenance Policy Manual and Procedures Manual – Maintenance.
- Uphold and enforce company safety programs and policies to mitigate injury to employees and damage to aircraft.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Ability to obtain ACA/SCA privilege within six months of hire.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals.
- Ability to use measurement tools such as micrometers and calipers.
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Basic knowledge of Office 365 (Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Positive, responsible, and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated hard worker that can exercise patience, persistence and determination while working on repetitive tasks.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across the organization.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and clientdedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.