Maintenance Operations Coordinator
Department: Maintenance and Engineering
Location: North Bay
Schedule: Standard Work Week
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: September 16, 2020 or until filled
Reports To: Vice President, Aerotech
The Maintenance Operations Coordinator will provide support for the Heavy Maintenance team. Responsibilities will include supporting resource planning, supporting managers and supervisors with employee relations, coordinating training by ensuring employees training is accurate and current based on project need and assist with the recruitment process.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Liaise with Managers to ensure personnel resources are appropriately qualified for the project goals.
- Prepare reports for personnel availability for undergoing and upcoming maintenance.
- Coordinate with Payroll for Heavy Maintenance daily timecard requirements.
- Review and validate time off requests for Maintenance staff and consult with Management for approval.
- Respond to general inquiries from personnel and escalate as needed.
- Prepare attendance reports for management team.
- Coordinate the evaluation performance process for Heavy Maintenance staff.
- Coordinate Aircraft Maintenance Operation training for employees in conjunction with Managers.
- Liaise with Human Resources to ensure Heavy Maintenance staff have all applicable training.
- Assist Managers in developing and coordinating professional development programs.
- Schedule and coordinate in house and external training for Heavy Maintenance personnel.
- Assist Management team with reviewing, and screening resumes.
- Periodically participate on interview panel.
- Promote the Company and department through approved social media, job fairs, college visits and other media opportunities.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or a related field.
- 2 years’ work experience in an administrative role.
- Ability to problem solve and suggest improvements, implement changes and understand the unique requirements of customers/projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal written.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Work effectively within both an individual and team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Candidates must be eligible to work for a Canadian company, able to travel internationally and provide a clear criminal background check.
Voyageur offers employees and their families extensive benefits upon successful completion of probation period including:
- Company subsidized benefits including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across the organization.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur is headquartered in North Bay, Ontario, Canada and operates under the core principles of comprehensive safety management, quality assurance, and client dedicated solutions. Our services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe. Voyageur prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages, health and retirement benefits, and a safe working environment
If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, please apply online by clicking the link below.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.