PREPARATION TECHNICIAN - REFINISHING SHOP
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Heavy Maintenance
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Heavy Maintenance team, the Preparation Technician will report to the Supervisor, Refinishing Shop, and will be responsible for preparing the aircraft surfaces and/or parts for paint in a high quality, accurate, and efficient manner.
What does an Preparation Technician do?
- Prepare the aircraft for paint by sanding, paint stripping, use of fillers, and degreasers.
- Mask and unmask the aircraft.
- Prepare and apply primers and sealers to various areas of the aircraft’s interior and exterior.
- Apply vinyl decals, erosion tape, and silk screens to various areas of the aircraft.
- Polish various areas of the aircraft using mechanical polishers and compound.
- Apply paint touch ups to the interior and exterior of the aircraft.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, paint strippers, and corrosion-preventive chemicals.
What you bring to the table
- One (1) - three (3) years of experience in related field; experience on aircraft or auto body considered an asset.
- Experience with preparation, using fillers and abrasives, of various contoured parts and fairings is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated hard worker that can exercise patience, persistence, and determination while working on lengthy tasks.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $18.18-$22.18/hour, negotiable based on skill, ability, experience, and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion. Voyageur Aviation Corp. is committed to providing support to all applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process. Candidates requiring an accommodation should advise Human Resources and support will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.