Location: North Bay, Ontario
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Heavy Maintenance
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Heavy Maintenance team, the Aircraft Painter will report to the Supervisor, Refinishing Shop, and will provide quality, knowledgeable work to the department.
What does an Aircraft Painter do?
- Prepare aircraft and parts for the paint process by sanding, cleaning, and masking.
- Ensure paint and paint process is conducted in accordance with approved data.
- Mix and prepare paints and primers to ensure proper adhesion and cure.
- Supervise and mentor junior prep technicians.
- Perform quality inspection after paint completion.
- Complete assigned work as instructed by the Supervisor.
What you bring to the table
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years’ painting experience in bus/boat/automotive painting, bodywork, or paint preparation.
- Knowledge of the properties of various paints, finishes, and paint removers.
- Strong hand-eye coordination and proficiency using tools.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Aviation experience preferred.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $22.62-$25.10/hour, negotiable based on skill, ability, experience, and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion. Voyageur Aviation Corp. is committed to providing support to all applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process. Candidates requiring an accommodation should advise Human Resources and support will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.