MANAGER, LABOUR RELATIONS
Department: Human Resources
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: August 17, 2022, or until filled
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo, and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
The Manager of Labour Relations is responsible for handling any employee conflicts, develops and maintains HR policies, and provides sound advice to ensure their consistent application while adhering to the collective agreement, applicable laws, and other governing authorities. In addition, they will lead the process, prepare for, and attend Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) processes, arbitration, conciliation, mediation, and collective agreement negations.
What does the Manager of Labour Relations do?
- Collective agreement negotiation, administration, and investigation; direct the organization at all levels including management, human resources, etc. as applicable, in the administration, application, and interpretation of the appropriate collective agreement(s).
- Oversees Culpable Attendance Programs for relevant groups.
- Liaison with union representatives.
- Lead workplace investigations to provide conflict resolution.
- Oversee performance management.
- Promote a cooperative and effective labour relation’s climate.
- Represent Voyageur on labour matters with government - this includes contract conciliation, labour certification issues, Human Rights matters, and other issues involving government and/or Labour Officials.
- Provide training/coaching/counselling with respect to the collective agreements and other employment matters.
What you bring to the table
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with an Undergraduate degree in business, Industrial/Labour Relations, or Human Resource Management.
- Experience in understanding the labour legislation and collective agreement interpretation.
- CHRP preferred.
- Self-motivated, detail orientated, enthusiastic, confident individual with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, group-oriented leadership skills.
- Able to demonstrate strong negotiation skills with excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Able to address disputes and conflict in a productive manner.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, solid ethical standards, and trustworthiness.
- Ability to listen, collaborate, and improve.
- Ability to think strategically and strive for continuous improvement.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package with a starting salary of $80,000/annum.
- Hybrid Workforce Model.
- 100% company-paid benefits, including extended health care benefits for dental and vision care, prescription medication, out-of-country insurance, and more.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
- Retirement pension plan.
- Employee assistance program.
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.HTML Job Template