AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER, SUPERVISOR, MAISR LINE OPS
Department: Line Maintenance
Location: Trenton, Ontario, with worldwide away-from-base deployments of 8 weeks or less.
Schedule: Standard work week
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: August 15, 2022, or until filled
Reports To: MAISR Fleet Manager
$70,720 to $81,120 per year subject to experience. Base Salary includes 4 months off per year.
50% to 200% of your Base Salary when deployed away-from-base. Depending on the location of your deployment, you will be paid a 50% to 200% premium of your base salary when deployed. Deployment expenses (meals, accommodation, transportation, insurance) are paid by the company when deployed.
Other Compensatory Benefits:
- Extended health care benefits for you and your dependents including prescription drugs, dental, eye care (glasses/lenses), hospital expenses, paramedical services, and other health services.
- Insurance coverage including life, long-term/short-term disability, and out-of-country health insurance.
- Employer-matching retirement pension plan.
- Employee share ownership plan.
- Employee family assistance program.
- Employee referral bonus plan.
- Various employee discount programs (Bell Mobility, Telus, GoodLife Fitness, CAA, RBC Insurance – among others).
Our innovative scheduling program for MAISR line operations involves a unique 8-weeks “on”, 4-weeks “off” employee scheduling program – averaging 4 months of off-time per year for each employee. This results in an effective Base Salary compensation rate of $51.00 - $58.50 per hour (subject to experience) plus your Deployment Salary when deployed.
WHAT IS AN AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER, SUPERVISOR, MAISR LINE OPS?
As a key member of the Line Maintenance, MAISR team, the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, Supervisor, MAISR Line Ops you will report to the Fleet Manager, and be responsible for performing or monitoring maintenance on company aircraft in accordance with the Maintenance Control and Policy manual and Transport Canada Regulations. You are also responsible for assisting the Fleet Manager with their duties while deployed away from base. Typical duties:
- Dismantle airframes, aircraft engines or other aircraft systems for repair, clean, inspect and/or overhaul, reassemble components or airframes to the highest standard of airworthiness.
- Troubleshoot aircraft’s structural, mechanical, or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust/repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals, and established procedures.
- Ensure aircraft are maintained in accordance with company and Transport Canada regulations.
- Ensure all maintenance tasks are completed correctly and on time.
- Repair more complex and comprehensive defects without direct supervision of the repair being worked on.
- Carry out and coordinate the inspection, maintenance, and repair of company aircraft and related systems.
- Report to Dispatch and the Fleet Manager on issues that affect the serviceability of the aircraft.
- Troubleshooting more complex system defects (fuel system, flight controls, hydraulic systems etc.), aircraft defects and carry out corrective action as required.
- Release maintenance work post audit of maintenance law and applicable company and Transport Canada polices and regulations.
- Assist the Fleet Manager with their duties while deployed away from base.
- Observe Voyageur’s safety practices and procedures and comply with all company policies and regulatory requirements.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO THE TABLE
- A Transport Canada AME M2 Licence.
- At least three (3) years of experience in a similar role.
- King Air and/or PT6 engine experience considered an asset.
- A working knowledge of avionics standard practices.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Positive, responsible, and self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
To be eligible for this position you must:
- Be legally able to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit)
- Be able to obtain Canadian Government Security Clearance – Voyageur will assist with your application.
- As this job requires international travel, you must be vaccinated in accordance with international travel requirements including being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Use the Apply Now button below to submit your application
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur’s services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe.
“We deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements.”