TECHNICIAN, LINE MAINTENANCE - TRENTON
Location: Trenton, Ontario, with worldwide away-from-base deployments of eight (8) weeks or less.
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Line Maintenance
A starting wage of $18.70-$23.62/hour, subject to experience. Base Salary includes 4 months off per year.
50% to 200% of your Base Salary when deployed away-from-base. Depending on the location of your deployment, you will be paid a 50% to 200% premium of your base salary when deployed. Deployment expenses (meals, accommodation, transportation, insurance) are paid by the company when deployed.
Other Compensatory Benefits:
- Extended health care benefits for you and your dependents including prescription drugs, dental, eye care (glasses/lenses), hospital expenses, paramedical services, and other health services.
- Insurance coverage including life, long-term/short-term disability, and out-of-country health insurance.
- Employer-matching retirement pension plan.
- Employee share ownership plan.
- Employee family assistance program.
- Employee referral bonus plan.
- Various employee discount programs (Bell Mobility, Telus, GoodLife Fitness, CAA, RBC Insurance – among others).
Our innovative scheduling program for Trenton line operations involves a unique 8-weeks “on”, 4-weeks “off” employee scheduling program – averaging 4 months of off-time per year for each employee.
WHAT IS A TECHNICIAN, LINE MAINTENANCE - TRENTON?
As a key member of the Line Maintenance team, the Technician, Line Maintenance - Trenton, you will report to the Project Supervisor, and will be responsible for performing aircraft inspections, troubleshooting defects, and carrying out rectifications in accordance with OEM manuals and publications to the highest standard of airworthiness on CRJ 100, 200, 900 and Dash 8 100, 200, 300, Q400 aircraft. Typical duties include:
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions or other related problems in the aircraft as per technical manuals, drawings, and Data Packages.
- Maintain aircraft systems, including airframe, propulsion, and avionics equipment.
- Assemble, modify, and repair various aircraft components and assemblies.
- Carry out bench assessment and repair of various aircraft components in accordance with the applicable component maintenance manuals.
- Troubleshoot aircraft systems to identify problems and adjust/repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures.
- Perform and document scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the manufacturer, per Voyageur’s policy and Transport Canada.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with applicable legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Observe Voyageur’s safety practices and procedures and comply with all company policies and regulatory requirements.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO THE TABLE
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team.
To be eligible for this position you must:
- Be legally able to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit)
- Be able to obtain Canadian Government Security Clearance – Voyageur will assist with your application.
- As this job requires international travel, you must be vaccinated in accordance with international travel requirements including being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Use the Apply Now button below to submit your application
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur’s services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe.
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion. Voyageur Aviation Corp. is committed to providing support to all applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process. Candidates requiring an accommodation should advise Human Resources and support will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
“We deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements.”