TECHNICIAN, LINE MAINTENANCE – MAISR
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Line Maintenance
Deadline: July 27, 2022, or until filled
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo, and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Heavy Maintenance team, the Technician will report to the Project Supervisor and will be responsible for performing aircraft inspections, troubleshooting defects and carrying out rectifications in accordance with OEM manuals and publications to the highest standard of airworthiness on CRJ 100, 200, 900 and Dash 8 100, 200, 300, Q400 aircraft.
What does a Technician, Heavy Maintenance do?
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions or other related problems in the aircraft as per technical manuals, drawings, and Data Packages.
- Maintain aircraft systems, including airframe, propulsion, and avionics equipment.
- Assemble, modify, and repair various aircraft components and assemblies.
- Carry out bench assessment and repair of various aircraft components in accordance with the applicable component maintenance manuals.
- Troubleshoot aircraft systems to identify problems and adjust/repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures.
- Perform and document scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the manufacturer, per Voyageur’s policy and Transport Canada.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with applicable legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Observe Voyageur’s safety practices and procedures and comply with all company policies and regulatory requirements.
What you bring to the table
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- Related work experience in an aviation environment is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $19.00/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.