AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER, LINE MAINTENANCE, MAISR
Department: Line Maintenance
Location: Trenton, Ontario, with worldwide away-from-base deployments of 8 weeks or less.
Schedule: Standard work week
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: August 30, 2022, or until filled
A starting wage of $26.34-$29.82/hour, subject to experience. Base Salary includes 4 months off per year.
50% to 200% of your Base Salary when deployed away-from-base. Depending on the location of your deployment, you will be paid a 50% to 200% premium of your base salary when deployed. Deployment expenses (meals, accommodation, transportation, insurance) are paid by the company when deployed.
Other Compensatory Benefits:
- Extended health care benefits for you and your dependents including prescription drugs, dental, eye care (glasses/lenses), hospital expenses, paramedical services, and other health services.
- Insurance coverage including life, long-term/short-term disability, and out-of-country health insurance.
- Employer-matching retirement pension plan.
- Employee share ownership plan.
- Employee family assistance program.
- Employee referral bonus plan.
- Various employee discount programs (Bell Mobility, Telus, GoodLife Fitness, CAA, RBC Insurance – among others).
Our innovative scheduling program for MAISR line operations involves a unique 8-weeks “on”, 4-weeks “off” employee scheduling program – averaging 4 months of off-time per year for each employee. This results in an effective Base Salary compensation rate of $51.00 - $58.50 per hour (subject to experience) plus your Deployment Salary when deployed.
WHAT IS AN AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER, LINE MAINTENANCE - MAISR?
As a key member of the Line Maintenance - MAISR team, the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, Line Maintenance - MAISR, you will report to the Manager, Line Maintenance, and will be responsible for performing and monitoring maintenance on company aircraft in accordance with Company policy and Transport Canada Regulations. Typical duties include:
- Dismantle airframes, aircraft engines, or other aircraft systems for repair, cleaning, inspection and/or overhaul.
- Troubleshoot aircraft’s structural, mechanical, or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust/repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals, and established procedures.
- Carry out and coordinate the inspection, maintenance, and repair of company aircraft and related systems.
- Troubleshooting more complex system defects (fuel system, flight controls, hydraulic systems etc.), aircraft defects and carry out corrective action as required.
- Release maintenance work post audit of maintenance work in accordance with applicable Company and Transport Canada policies/regulations.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
- Maintain the base inventory by safely storing, replenishing, and counting as required.
- Provide guidance and instruction to Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO THE TABLE
- At least 3 years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME licence (Category M2).
- King Air and PT6 experience considered an asset.
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
To be eligible for this position you must:
- Be legally able to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit)
- Be able to obtain Canadian Government Security Clearance – Voyageur will assist with your application.
- As this job requires international travel, you must be vaccinated in accordance with international travel requirements including being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Use the Apply Now button below to submit your application
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur’s services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe.
“We deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements.”