AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER, AVIONICS, MAISR LINE OPS
Department: Line Maintenance
Location: Trenton, Ontario, with worldwide away-from-base deployments of 8 weeks or less.
Schedule: Standard work week
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Deadline: August 30, 2022, or until filled
A starting wage of $31.83-$39.39/hour, subject to experience. Base Salary includes 4 months off per year.
50% to 200% of your Base Salary when deployed away-from-base. Depending on the location of your deployment, you will be paid a 50% to 200% premium of your base salary when deployed. Deployment expenses (meals, accommodation, transportation, insurance) are paid by the company when deployed.
Other Compensatory Benefits:
- Extended health care benefits for you and your dependents including prescription drugs, dental, eye care (glasses/lenses), hospital expenses, paramedical services, and other health services.
- Insurance coverage including life, long-term/short-term disability, and out-of-country health insurance.
- Employer-matching retirement pension plan.
- Employee share ownership plan.
- Employee family assistance program.
- Employee referral bonus plan.
- Various employee discount programs (Bell Mobility, Telus, GoodLife Fitness, CAA, RBC Insurance – among others).
Our innovative scheduling program for MAISR line operations involves a unique 8-weeks “on”, 4-weeks “off” employee scheduling program – averaging 4 months of off-time per year for each employee. This results in an effective Base Salary compensation rate of $51.00 - $58.50 per hour (subject to experience) plus your Deployment Salary when deployed.
WHAT IS AN AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER, AVIONICS - MAISR?
As a key member of the Line Maintenance - MAISR team, the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, Avionics, MAISR, you will report to the Supervisor, Avionics, and will be part of the crew responsible for signing off on completed maintenance of aircraft components. Typical duties include:
- Carry out major and minor modification to electronic systems (including communication and navigation systems) per technical manuals, drawings, and data packages.
- Troubleshoot aircraft systems and components to diagnose problems and perform adjustments, repairs, and modifications according to outlined specifications.
- Perform and document scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of work environment.
- Assign and schedule tasks for Technicians and AMEs based on skillset and ability.
- Oversee projects and provide mentorship and technical assistance to crew members.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures and Transport Canada regulations.
- Observe Voyageur’s safety practices and procedures and comply with all company policies and regulatory requirements.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO THE TABLE
- At least 3 years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME Licence (Category E) required.
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- Able to read and interpret technical publications.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
To be eligible for this position you must:
- Be legally able to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit)
- Be able to obtain Canadian Government Security Clearance – Voyageur will assist with your application.
- As this job requires international travel, you must be vaccinated in accordance with international travel requirements including being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Use the Apply Now button below to submit your application
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc. (TSX: CHR), a company whose vision is to deliver regional aviation to the world. Voyageur’s services include: airline operations; aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; aircraft part sales and logistics management; and aircraft leasing. These services provide an unparalleled suite of services for regional aviation clients across the globe.
“We deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements.”