LEAD HAND, STRUCTURES
Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Heavy Maintenance
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Structures team, the Lead Hand will report to the Supervisor, Structures, and will be responsible for supervising and performing maintenance on Voyageur and Customer aircraft.
What does a Lead Hand do?
- Assign and schedule tasks to Technicians, Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AMEs), and Aircraft Certification Authorities (ACAs) in the Structures shop, as directed by the Project Supervisor.
- Carry out tasks on the aircraft as required.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to the Technicians, AMEs, and ACAs in Structures.
- Ensure all work is accomplished with efficiency and of high-quality standards.
- Mentor ACAs, AMEs, and Technicians.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with the Maintenance Policy Manual and Procedures Manual – Maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain the safety and security of personnel and aircraft.
- Oversee upkeep and security of Company facilities and equipment.
- Observe Voyageur’s safety practices and procedures and comply with all company policies and regulatory requirements.
What you bring to the table
- 5 or more years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME licence (Category S).
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft structural repair.
- Capable of leading a team.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with the knowledge and willingness to adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $34.01/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.