DIRECT ENTRY CAPTAIN (DASH 8)
Location: Hamilton, ON
Job type: Shift work, overnight
Department: Flight Operations
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Flight Operations team, the Captain (DASH 8) will report to the Director, Flight Operations and will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of our DH8 fleet. Operations consist of weekly scheduled night cargo flights out of Hamilton Ontario with occasional scheduled away from base requirements.
What does a Captain (DASH 8) do?
- Safely operate company aircraft as the Pilot-in-Command.
- Responsible for briefing crew on planned operation of the aircraft, route to be flown, and any operational concerns.
- Ensure parameters for operational control are maintained throughout flights.
- Supervise and delegate responsibilities to Crew Members directly under their command.
- Maintain on-time performance and accomplish flight objectives.
- Liaise with Voyageur’s Dispatch department, ATC, FSS, and customers.
- Ensure all necessary maps, charts, and navigation equipment and readily available on the aircraft.
- Review, amend, and complete operational paperwork, Operational Flight Plans, and manuals as needed.
- Lead safety briefings and simulated emergency scenarios.
- Responsible for the safety and security of crew, aircraft, and cargo.
- Proactively utilize Voyageur’s Safety and Risk Management system.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, air regulations, and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain qualifications required to crew Dash 8 aircraft.
What you bring to the table
- Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
- Possess a valid ATPL.
- Meet Transport Canada requirements to operate a Dash 8 aircraft.
- Current DH8 type-rating is an asset.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willing to work overnight shifts.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule.
What we offer
- Salary starting at $80,000 annum.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.