AIRCRAFT CERTIFICATION AUTHORITY
Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Avionics team, the Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA) will report to the Supervisor, Avionics, and will be part of the crew responsible for signing off on completed maintenance of aircraft components.
What does an ACA do?
- Carry out major and minor modification to electronic systems (including communication and navigation systems) per technical manuals, drawings, and data packages.
- Troubleshoot aircraft systems and components to diagnose problems and perform adjustments, repairs, and modifications according to outlined specifications.
- Perform and document scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of work environment.
- Assign and schedule tasks for Technicians and AMEs based on skillset and ability.
- Oversee projects and provide mentorship and technical assistance to crew members.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures and Transport Canada regulations.
- Observe Voyageur’s safety practices and procedures and comply with all company policies and regulatory requirements.
What you bring to the table
- At least 3 years of experience as an AME.
- Valid AME Licence (Category E) required.
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- Able to read and interpret technical publications.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $31.51/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.