APPLICATION SUPPORT ANALYST
Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Information Technology
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Information Technology team, the Application Support Analyst will report to the Manager, Information Technology, and will be responsible for researching, analyzing, and modifying programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging, and installing to support an organization’s application systems, and consulting with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
What does a Application Support Analyst do?
- Design and develop SharePoint, PowerBi, PowerApps, PowerAutomate(Flow) Solutions, based on user requirements.
- Act as support for escalations from Support Analyst and/or Business Analyst, diagnosing and fixing problems or passing to the subject matter expert.
- Upgrade and deploy key business applications (e.g., Dynamics Business Central, SQL, FOS, WinAir, Web Apps, Apache Tomcat, IIS, etc) and conduct regular application testing.
- Design and deploy new software packages to achieve specific business goals.
- Perform routine user maintenance tasks within Azure Active Directory (e.g., guest/employee additions, permission adjustments, etc.).
- Verify design documents and execute testing for new functionality.
- Provide technical assistance when needed for company social events and/or initiatives.
- Stay up to date with software and technology trends in order to serve needs that can vary widely.
- Update and maintain the Company website (voyav.com).
- Work with business units to discuss their needs, whether it is the creation of a webpage for sales purposes, modification of an existing page to update information, or building additional functionality into our Intranet site to allow users to run custom reports.
- Work on major projects, including virtualization of major IT-provided services, kiosk and iPad deployments, Electronic Flight Bag iPad project, and Six Sigma Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Observe Voyageur’s safety practices and procedures and comply with all company policies and regulatory requirements.
What you bring to the table
- Three (3) - five (5) years of experience with Microsoft services (such as SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, Power Apps, Power BI and Power Automate).
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or Technology or equivalent.
- Experience in C#, .Net, Java, HTML/CSS programming is an asset.
- ITIL, Microsoft or similar certification is an asset.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Aptitude for managing multiple projects and problems at the same time.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
What we offer
- A starting salary of $65,700 annum, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion. Voyageur Aviation Corp. is committed to providing support to all applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process. Candidates requiring an accommodation should advise Human Resources and support will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
#VOYPWP updated 10/28/2022