PREPARATION TECHNICIAN, ACCESSORY SHOP
Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Accessory Shop
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Accessory Shop team, the Preparation Technician will report to the Supervisor, Accessory Shop, and will disassemble, inspect, and repair aircraft components.
What does a Preparation Technician do?
- Prepare aircraft components such as wheels, brakes, landing gear, and engines for disassembly.
- Prepare components for inspection or repair by performing thorough coating removal and cleaning of aircraft components.
- Assist with the required disassembly, inspection for defects and repair of aircraft components.
- Utilize calibrated measuring instruments such as micrometer, height gauge, and calipers to meet tolerance requirements.
- Navigate and read instruction manuals to assemble products utilizing the proper tooling.
- Complete associated paperwork when needed.
- Observe Voyageur’s safety practices and procedures and comply with all company policies and regulatory requirements.
What you bring to the table
- Mechanical experience preferred.
- Experience in an aviation environment is a bonus.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Able to follow verbal directions and understand instruction manuals.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $18.00/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.