ASSEMBLER, ACCESSORY SHOP
Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Accessory Shop
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Accessory Shop team, the Assembler will report to the Supervisor, Accessory Shop, and will be a part of a team that works on aircraft components such as wheels, brakes, landing gear and engines.
What does an Assembler do?
- Disassemble and prepare parts for repair using hand tools, cleaners, and paint removal products.
- Inspect and identify defects of aircraft components that require attention.
- Complete off-aircraft work to finish aircraft components to the required specifications.
- Assemble aircraft components utilizing approved data to assemble aircraft components with appropriate tooling to correct tolerances.
- Utilize calibrated measuring instruments such as micrometer, height gauge, and calipers to meet tolerance requirements.
- Navigate and read instruction manuals to assemble products utilizing the proper tooling.
- Accurately label parts as they are removed from the aircraft component to prevent mistakes during re-assembly.
- Complete necessary paperwork as required.
- Observe Voyageur’s safety practices and procedures and comply with all company policies and regulatory requirements.
What you bring to the table
- 2 years’ experience in a related field; experience on aircraft considered an asset.
- Related work experience in an aviation environment is considered an asset.
- Ability to follow English written and verbal directions with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals, drawings and other technical publications.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated hard worker that can exercise patience, persistence and determination while working on lengthy tasks.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $22.40/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.