Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Shift work (12-hour DAY/NIGHT shifts)
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Dispatch team, the Flight Dispatcher will report to Manager, Dispatch and will be responsible for creating operational flight plans, coordinating with Air Traffic Control, Pilots, Flight Attendants and Maintenance ensuring that all aspects of flights are in accordance with company policies. Individuals who have not completed the Transport Canada examination requirement may be considered for Flight Follower. This is a permanent shift work (12-hour shifts) position with the opportunity to work remotely after completion of on-the-job training at our North Bay, ON facilities.
What does a Flight Dispatcher do?
- Continuously monitor and assess weather conditions.
- Provide route and weather analysis to flight and ground crew.
- Responsible for flight following and providing flight plans.
- Exercise and maintain joint responsibility with the Pilot in Command for operational control in all matters affecting safety of flights.
- Initiate emergency response procedures as outlined in company manuals.
- Advise pertinent personnel of any operational concerns that may impact operations including flight delays, cancellations, payload restrictions, equipment severability and ground support concerns.
What you bring to the table
- Must meet all requirements as listed by Transport Canada.
- Completion of Transport Canada Dispatch Exams (FDMET and FDOPS).
- Individuals who have not yet completed the FDMET and FDOPS exams will be considered and will have 4 months from date of hire to complete examinations.
- Restricted Radio Operators Licence.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $21.21 - $25.21/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- The option to work remotely after completion of training in our North Bay, ON facilities. Please note, training may take 4-6 months to complete. Remote work is considered on a case-by-case basis.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.