ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE COORDINATOR
Location: North Bay, ON, with remote work available.
Job type: 10-month contract
Department: Accounting & Corporate Administration
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Accounting & Corporate Administration team, the Accounts Receivable Coordinate will report to Accounts Receivable Analyst and will be responsible for invoicing collections on receivable accounts in accordance with established credit terms. This successful candidate will have a high degree of interaction with internal divisions to ensure revenue is properly captured each month.
What does a Accounts Receivable Coordinator do?
Invoice Processing & Collections
- Create and process monthly revenue invoices for customers in accordance with the relevant contract, print, code, post, and email.
- Process invoices for Part Sales daily, including coding and posting in Great Plains.
- Generate monthly reports for Heavy Maintenance work in process and create accrual entries in Great Plains.
- Ensure timely collection on customer accounts in accordance with credit terms and limits.
- Engage with internal and external customers on a regular basis on their account status.
- Ensure received payments are applied daily to customer accounts to ensure accounts are accurately represented.
- Assist with sending out monthly customer account statements and ensure proper follow up is done.
- Ensure overdue accounts are promptly brought forward to management.
- Support month end close functions related to Accounts Receivable and ensure subledger balances reconcile to the General Ledger.
- Perform customer reconciliations monthly on all customer accounts.
- Provide internal and external auditors with documents and reconciliations as requested.
- Examine financial accounts and records to ensure amounts have been recorded properly.
- Prepare and reconcile the intercompany tie out report to ensure amounts can be properly eliminated on consolidation.
- Create manual accrual and correction entries, as required.
- Update monthly working papers and ensure amounts reconcile to the General Ledger.
- Prepare quarterly working paper packages for all responsible accounts for Director approval and support for audit review.
What you bring to the table
- At least 1-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or Bookkeeping.
- Pursuit of CPA designation is an asset.
- Possess strong computer skills with a demonstrated proficiency in accounting-related software programs, and skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and impartiality.
- Capable of effectively manage all customer accounts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills with excellent attention to detail.
What we offer
- A starting salary of $45,000/annum, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.