TECHNICAL RECORDS ADMINISTRATOR
Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Technical Records
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Technical Records team, the Technical Records Administrator will report to Supervisor, Technical Records and is responsible for auditing technical documents for accuracy, completeness, neatness and compliance following guidelines provided by Canadian and foreign Aviation Regulations and additional manuals and procedures.
What does a Technical Records Administrator do?
- Ensure all required documentation is attached, and complete documentation, Task Cards, and Cost centers for legibility, spelling, and completeness.
- Transcribe data from audited task cards and completed paperwork into the CMP.
- Prepare and forward electronic additional work request Task Cards and work order summary reports.
- Update airframe and component tracking, remove/install parts in the CMP, and ensure information in the CMP is correct.
- Enter errors and omissions into the quality control database.
- Sort and review journey and technical logbook pages for Voyageur Aerotech managed aircraft. Enter journey log Pages to update flight times and cycle in the CMP.
- Maintain technical record files and electronic technical logbooks and generate deferred defect reports and future maintenance schedules.
- Compose and send Modification reporting forms to Transport Canada, FAA or EASA.
- Transcribe technical logbook entries for Major Components, Engines, APUs and Propellers.
- Investigate and ensure corrections to paperwork and rotable component discrepancies with Manager, Quality Control and Project Managers.
- Prepare Importation and Exportation documents for Transport Canada.
- Ensure completed work packages and other files are maintained and organized appropriately.
- Liaise and coordinate with various personnel based on position needs.
- Additional duties as required.
What you bring to the table
- 1 year of experience in an administrative role.
- Post-secondary education in Office Administration or a related field is an asset.
- High school diploma required.
- Proficiency in WinAir is an asset.
- Proven computer skills with an emphasis on MS Office Suite.
- Able to type quickly and accurately.
- Excellent data entry skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
What we offer
- A starting salary of $37,800/annum, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.