SAFETY AND RISK MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Safety & Risk Management
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Safety & Risk Management team, the Safety and Risk Management (SRMS) Coordinator will report to the Manager, Safety & Risk Management, and will be responsible for receiving and processing Irregularity reports, measuring and monitoring safety data, updating and maintaining all audit check sheets, and the overall maintenance of the Safety & Risk Management Performance Database (SRMPD).
What does an SRMS Coordinator do?
- Review all submitted Irregular Operations and Hazards and accept or reject in accordance with Company policy.
- Assign risk rating and distribute Irregular Operations and Hazards for investigation.
- Review Irregularity Reports submitted by personnel from all levels of the Company and assign reports to SRMS Investigator.
- Compile and analyze SRMPD data related to identified Hazards to ensure appropriate mitigation is accomplished.
- Overall maintenance of the SRMPD (e.g., enter audits, inspections, tasks, etc.).
- Monitor Flight Operations training and safety procedures.
- Prepare external reports for Transport Canada as needed.
- Review Company training programs for amendment to ensure compliance and applicability to current company policies, procedures, and operations.
- Ensure all areas of the Company are audited and maintain the audit matrix.
- Update and maintain Audit check sheets, meeting all current standards.
- Provide support to the Safety & Risk Management team.
What you bring to the table
- Experience in Safety Management Systems is preferred.
- Experience with creating user-friendly documents and document cross-referencing using hyperlinks, bookmarks, internet language, etc.
- Proven computer skills with an emphasis on MS Office Suite, Visio/RFFlow and Adobe Acrobat Writer.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Able to type quickly and accurately.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
What we offer
- A starting salary of $44,000 annum, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.