HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Location: North Bay, ON, Hybrid, or Remote
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Human Resources
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Human Resources team, the Human Resources Coordinator will report to the Manager, Human Resources, and will be responsible for recruitment administration and support, including creating and managing job postings, scheduling interviews, preparing hiring packages, managing offboarding, developing and distributing communications, and providing support to the Manager, Human Resources and the HR team when needed.
What does a Human Resources Coordinator do?
- Administrate staffing requisitions and approvals for all open positions.
- Responsible for creating, reviewing, editing, and posting job postings to Voyageur’s website and external job boards.
- Assist with reviewing resumes and pre-screening candidates.
- Schedule interviews with candidates, send email confirmations, and prepare interview packages.
- Conduct and record reference checks for successful applicants.
- Conduct interviews when Recruiter is unavailable.
- Prepare letters of offer, hiring packages, and onboarding documents for new hires.
- Schedule exit interviews and offboard all employees.
- Manage and administer various databases.
- Assist with monthly analytics and reposting requirements.
- Regularly communicate with applicants, new hires, and other Company departments.
- Prepare and manage documents related to recruitment, HR processes, and communications.
- Generate reports, compile data, and conduct research related to HR.
- Maintain and update electronic employee training files, databases, and other related documentation.
- Create, coordinate, and distribute company-wide communications.
- Manage the mental health program.
- Coordinate Voyageur Corporate Diversity initiatives.
- Manage the HR SharePoint site and Teams channels.
What you bring to the table
- Experience working in Human Resources.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or a related field is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
What we offer
- A starting salary of $37,350 annum, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.