Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Shift Work
Schedule: Monday to Friday; 6:30am – 3:00pm/3:00pm – 11:30pm with a weekly rotation
Department: Material Control
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Material Control team, the Shipper/Receiver/Inventory Clerk will report to the Manager, Material Control, and will send, accept, and record the movement of parts, supplies and equipment to and from the hangar.
What does a Shipper/Receiver/Inventory Clerk do?
- Follow established Company policies, procedures and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives and safety and environmental standards.
- Receive, inspect and verify incoming goods against packing slips and other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Unpack and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
- Prepare Carrier’s bill of lading and any additional shipping documentation.
- Operate warehousing equipment (Pallet Jack, Forklift, Condor Chick).
- Accurately pick and pull inventory/tooling, as needed, to support ongoing projects and maintenance request.
- Active involvement of physical inventory counting.
What you bring to the table
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of aircraft tooling and shipment of dangerous goods is considered an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, Excel, and Word with proven data entry skills.
- Experience using inventory related software, such as WinAir, is an asset.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $16.25/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.