AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER, STRUCTURES
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Heavy Maintenance
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Heavy Maintenance team, the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) will report to Supervisor, Structures and will be responsible for metal and composite repair, refinishing, painting, and machining on our CRJ and DH8 fleet.
What does an AME do?
- Restore or repair defects using unique aircraft fastening hardware, composite materials, chemicals, adhesives, paints, and textiles.
- Manufacture aircraft equipment, components or replacement items from base metals using special cutting tools and milling machines.
- Fabricate and repair aircraft structures using composite, fiberglass, textiles, leather, plastic, and synthetic components.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with applicable legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot aircraft’s structural systems to identify problems and adjust/repair the defects according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals, and established procedures.
- Perform and document scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the manufacturer, per Voyageur’s policy and Transport Canada.
- Actively participate in Voyageur’s Safety Management System including report hazards and incidents encountered during daily operations and understand, comply with and promote the Company’s safety culture.
What you bring to the table
- 1 or more years of experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- Valid AME Licence (Category S).
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Capable of working under pressure with tight deadlines.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $26.76-$30.30/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.