STRUCTURES ENGINEER, EIT
Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Engineering team, the Structures Engineer, EIT will report to the Manager, Structures Engineering, and will assist in engineering drawings, structural calculations and STC application preparations. In addition, the successful candidate will provide technical support to the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
What does a Structures Engineer, EIT do?
- Participate in Transport Canada Design Approval (DAO) activities by supporting Project Engineers.
- Develop modifications and repairs under Project Engineers’ supervision.
- Perform technical analysis on the developed modifications or repairs for regulatory compliance.
- Interpret FAA regulations.
- Provide instructions to fabrication and installation personnel.
- Support preparation of certification documentation.
- Act as a liaison between AMO, internal, and external product and service providers.
- Identify the part information, such as part numbers, applicability to certain aircraft.
- Review Service Bulletins (SB), Generic Repair Instructions from aircraft OEM or component vendors.
- Develop minor repairs and minor modifications.
- Administer engineering requests.
- Revise previously issued documentation and ensure that all documents are recorded in the aircraft database.
- Observe Voyageur’s safety practices and procedures and comply with all company policies and regulatory requirements.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering discipline with a focus on structures.
- Knowledge of Transport Canada Civil Aviation Regulatory Certification requirements considered an asset.
- Eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.).
- Knowledge of engineering principles in mechanical and aerospace design is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in the aviation industry is required.
- Knowledge of the following is recommended.
- Canadian Aviation Regulations (or Federal Aviation Regulations);
- Aircraft Structures and Systems;
- Microsoft Office Suites;
- Classical Structural Analysis;
- Materials and Processes and Metal Fabrications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Capable of working collaboratively as well as independently with minimal supervision from Senior Engineers.
What we offer
- A starting salary of $58,000 annum, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.