AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER, AVIONICS
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Heavy Maintenance
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Heavy Maintenance team, the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) will report to Supervisor, Avionics and will be responsible for maintaining, repairing, overhauling, modifying and testing electrical, electronic, instrument and radio systems-components on our CRJ and DH8 fleet.
What does an AME do?
- Carry out major and minor modification to electronic systems, including communication and navigation systems, as per technical manuals, drawings, and data packages.
- Assemble, modify, and repair various electrical harness assemblies.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical malfunctions or other related problems in the aircraft as per technical manuals, drawings, and data packages.
- Carry out bench assessments and repair of various aircraft components in accordance with the applicable component maintenance manuals.
- Troubleshoot aircraft systems to identify problems and adjust/repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals, and established procedures.
- Perform and document scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance as dictated by the OEM and per Voyageur’s Transport Canada approved policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with approved data and company policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in Voyageur’s safety culture, including reporting hazards and incidents encountered during daily operations through our Safety Management System.
What you bring to the table
- Valid AME Licence (Category E).
- 1-3 years of current experience as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
- CRJ or DH8 Experience and/or endorsements is an asset.
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, drawings, and other technical publications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $26.50/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.