Location: North Bay, ON
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Department: Property Maintenance and Equipment
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
As a key member of the Property Maintenance and Equipment team, the Janitor will report to the Manager, Buildings, Ground Support & Airport Services, and will be responsible for providing a safe and clean working environment by maintaining the interior and exterior buildings and their surrounding areas.
What does a Janitor do?
- Carry out the general maintenance of washrooms, offices, meeting rooms, kitchenettes and lunchrooms, main seating areas, etc.
- Clean and sanitize designated areas (i.e., dust, sweep, vacuum, mop, etc.).
- Assist in restocking vending machines, bathrooms, kitchenettes, etc.
- Additional sanitation of high touch point areas (doorknobs, photocopiers, handrails, etc.).
- Waste and recycling removal.
- Outdoor seasonal maintenance, including lawn maintenance, snow removal, etc.
- Basic pest control.
- Assist with special projects and furniture moves/builds as needed.
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repair.
- Assist with other PME and Airport services requests in the case of absentees.
What you bring to the table
- Experience in the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Comfortable learning how to utilize the floor strippers and waxing machines is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
What we offer
- A starting wage of $15.45/hour, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits program, including extended health care benefits, out-of-country insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement pension plan, employee and family assistance plan, and Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Voyageur is an employment equity employer, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and want to be a part of the Voyageur Team, we encourage all eligible candidates to apply on our website at www.voyav.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.